Sunday, January 29, 2012

Second Phone Call with Google AdWords


In effort to selling Shiroi Koibito Japanese Chocolate, I have been able to get free phone calls for the first 6 weeks free phone call with Google Ad Words.  Please see my other blog on my first and third phone call experience.  After a week from the first phone call with Google AdWords, as they suggested I have called them the second time. I think that the call was not as useful as the first one, but I did get some ideas out of it.  There was no wait time for the call other than the fact that I have to provide the ID in email before conversation. Like last time, two days later, she has sent me a summary of the call with suggested link which I think is great that they do that.

Here are some questions I asked, and the answer.

1. Does the capitalization matter when I enter the keywords? 
No. 

2. Does the spacing matter when I enter the keywords? 
Google usually take account when users make mistake on spelling such as forgetting to enter space.  It will not help significantly by adding misspelled words. 

3. I have pending approved ads, can you approve it? 
This is one thing that I think they helped this time and last time that they expedited the under reviewed ads. By reading what other people are saying, this under review could take weeks.  By mentioning on the phone call, they were able to approve it in a day.

4. I have Google Merchant setup, but it is still under review.  Can you do something about it? 
This did not help.  She mentioned that it is another department, and she will check.  In the follow-up email, she mentioned that it usually takes few weeks for this to be approved.  As of now (2 weeks), the Google Merchant is still under review for Product Search, although Product Ads are approved. 

5. How does Quality Score relates to the bidding price? 
Bidding price is lower if the Quality Score is higher.  So the suggestion was to make the ads and keywords as well as landing page content as close as possible to boost the Quality Score which drives the Bidding Price. She suggested this link to read/watch. 

6. Any other suggestions? 
As always, she suggested for raising the bid price.  Yes, I know….

In the first few days, I was getting impression of more than 1000 a day, but it is slowly reducing.  I see the reason is that CTR (Click Through Rate) is low. In other words, when the ad is shown, users are not clicking on them.  So I think I will play around more to focus on #4 especially now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment