Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Creating Facebook Page

It is today's trend that we need to have some social media exposure to get more visitors to the website. So I have created a facebook account separate from my own personal facebook  account. I did not want to mix up this little business with my personal connection at this point since I have a day job and did not want to broadcast to everyone that I am doing this.
So I did.  Facebook account is created, and I entered some information.  I realized that a facebook "person" is different than facebook "Page".   I created a FaceBook page using the facebok "person".

The good thing that happened here is that I contacted an administrator of a similar page where they are selling Shiroi Koibito in Singapore.  Her facebook page  comes up on first page on google when you type the product name.  She was very nice and linked her page to my page, and that helped some traffic coming from her contacts. Great. I still do not get that many hits on the facebook page because it is not exposed to many people.  Getting hits from Singapore does not help much; I need hits from USA.

The FaceBook Page created: http://www.facebook.com/Shiroi.Koibito.US
Please also see my other post about Creating Social Network Icon on the Web Site.





No comments:

Post a Comment