Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Free Phone Call with Google AdWords Support

About a week after I setup an account with Google AdWords, Google have sent me an email saying that I can call their support to improve the AdWords campaign for free.  The support is provided for the first 6 weeks without any cost.  That's great. I called the support center the next day, and spent about 15 minutes with the support representative.  No wait time. I just needed to enter the account number which was on the email.  The support asked me what my product is, and after that they suggested three things.

1. Separate Campaign by Language
Since Shiroi Koibito chocolate cookie is Japanese, my page is set up so that I have a page for English and another page in Japanese.  I had two ads; one in English and one in Japanese all in one campaign.

2. Remove any one word key word
I had massively entered all the key words that I can think of, and using the keywords tool with $0.01 set for most of the key words.  I had "Chocolate" or "Cookie" which they suggested to remove since they will never come up on the top unless I pay a fortune for each of the click.

3. Increase the bet
Of cause.  I did increased the bet for some.

I am still not getting many clicks, but "impr." (which stands for "impression" which means that the ad was actually shown to the user) has increased from 189 to 2468 in two days. Not bad.

They asked me to take these action and see how it goes, and I am supposed to call back in 4-5 days for more improvement.  Nice.   They sent me a summary of the improvements with some links to video tutorials on youtube and sent it to me in email the next day. Nice 2!

Well, little by little I am starting to feel like I am getting exposure, and you know what?  We just had the second order of two boxes today. Yeah!

AdWords screen showing 2468 Impression

See my other blog for the second  phone call and third phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment